Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cleanning up XP Antivirus 2008

This virus has been popping up a lot lately with a number of variants. Up until my last clean I had been pretty lucky and a combination of a few of my favourite bug killers has cleaned it up and any other nasties that have infested the computer.
The latest one cleaned up okay but it trashed the network connection. The computer would connect for awhile and then give up the ghost.
On the internet I found that there was a problem relating to DHCP address leases and a reboot of the modem/router would fix the problem. I tried this and it did for awhile. The computer would not let me disable the network adapter either.
I rebooted into safe mode and uninstalled the adapter and rebooted into normal Windows and the computer is fine now.

No comments: